Sunday, May 15, 2011

Little Wooden Signs

I finished off these little wooden signs today, I had already cut them from a length of timber - easy

Stage 1 - Cut length of timber into 4 inch pieces, and small holes drilled - no photo (sorry)
Stage 2 - Stain timber - I used DecoArt Walnut Gel Stain just paint it roughly on, and then use a cloth to rub it into the timber, just a little bit is needed to give wood grain effect


Stage 3 - Attached your printed paper signs using ModPodge  - I just print my favourite sayings onto brown Kraft paper using a variety of fonts.  ModPodge is used as a paste to attach the sign, making sure you smooth the paper sign so that you do not have any bubbles, then put another coat of ModPodge on top of the printed sign.  Once dry, give the top another coat - this acts as a varnish and protects the sign.



Stage 4 - Finish off by threading Rusty Wire through the holes at the top and curling the ends.




  
I will use these to decorate my handmade Santas, Elves etc and I think they will also look great on the Christmas Tree or as Gift Tags ... many uses and super easy and cheap to make.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment