Saturday, September 03, 2011

New Tissue Cover

As mentioned in my previous post - I have been making changes to the little tissue cover that I make for the Breast Cancer Drain Bags as well as the Pink Ribbon Bon Bon gifts.

I have reduced the steps required, yes I am lazy, however I am always looking at a easier way to do things, especially when I am making a lot of them ....

OK - instructions and lots of photos

Cut your outside fabric 5 1/8" x 6 1/2"
Cut your lining fabric    5 1/8" x 7 1/2"


With right sides together, sew down one 5 1/8" side with 1/4" seam



Bring fabric across to the other side, so both ends meet, and sew with 1/4" seam. (Notice how it will bunch up, because the fabric is not the same size)



Iron both seams open




Turn right side out.  With the outside fabric facing up and making sure that you have equal amount of the lining showing on each side, iron flat.  I do not measure, just guess by sight.



With the outside fabric facing, fold the short sides together - iron.  This will give you a fold in the centre. 


Open back out, Photo shows fold marked in red (so you can see it)



Take each of the short sides, and fold into the centre.  Take care that you have the outside fabric on the inside.  Press.



Nearly finished.  With a 1/4" seam, sew both the open short sides.  Do not forget to back stitch at both ends, and I also like to reverse over the centre join for added strength



Clip seams, angled close to the ends, so that we do not have bulk in the corners, when we turn it through


Turn right side out.  I use a knitting needle to ensure that my corners are turned out nicely.


With tissues added



and with 30 minutes sewing, you can have all these


If you find any errors in these instructions, please let me know so that I can fix them

Have fun, making these handy little gifts

Judy




2 comments:

  1. Belinda5:29 pm

    How easy are these! They look fantastic when finished and so much quicker than the original pattern. No steps missing from your instructions Judy. Many thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:14 am

    great sequence of pics....simple easy gift idea for that person who has everything

    ReplyDelete