Saturday, February 18, 2012

New tissue covers

You may remember I was trying to find a pattern for the Kimono Style tissue cover that I purchased.
See here for original post. Well today, I decided to have a go at replicating it.  Not a bad effort, however a lot of work for a little tissue cover.

My version


Both versions


The obvious difference, is that I sewed the binding on by machine. (lazy?)  I think I would only make these to go with the Japanese fabric breast cancer drain bags.

While I was playing, I made more tissue covers based on the criss-cross coasters method.  I love how they turned out, and you can use up all your scraps of fabric.


Showing front and back


A couple more colour combinations.


I will definitely be making more of these - if you are interested the sizing is:

Cut 3 x   5 1/8" x 4"
Cut 2 x         4" x 4"

Follow the same instructions for the criss-cross coasters, keeping one 5 1/8" x 4" for the base.

Have fun
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I remember I was going to try that and it totally fell off my list. You did a great job. I like the other ones based on the criss crossed coasters even better. Never saw that done before.

    ReplyDelete