Saturday, January 18, 2014

Australia Day Challenge - 3

For the third week of my Australia Day challenge, I have three little repurposed ideas for you.

1.  Convert a wristband into a Cup Cosy - this is the ideal size to slip over a cup.  Enjoy a cup of Aussie tea with your own Aussie Green and Gold Cup.

 
 
2. Using a paper napkin, convert a empty tin into a flower container.  These beautiful gum blossoms are from my sister Sue's garden.  Using just the top layer of the paper napkin, modpodge it to the tin.  Once dry, place another layer of modpodge on top.
 
 
3.  Convert Australia Flag Luggage Tags into serviette place holders.  Take out the name and address card from the back of the tags and replace with a photo.  I removed the plastic ties and replaced them with red ribbon to wrap them around the serviettes.  I love the look of these.
The photo shows both the front and back of the luggage tags.
 
These would also make great gift tags.
 
 
 
Just as a little extra - I wrapped some mini Hershey Bar chocolates with Aussie themed graphics. 
 
 
My last challenge, a good friend Sonia, dropped of this piece of fabric this afternoon and asked what I could do with it?  Any suggestions?  It is not a cotton fabric, and measures approx. 48cm x 35cm.
 
 
All I can think of is to make a cushion cover or a placemat.  I do not want to cut into it, as I think you would lose the detail.
 
Close-up of gum blossoms to finish post
 
 
 
Still waiting for the cooler weather to get here, stay safe AND cool
 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment